Monday, March 9, 2009

RIP Mimi


Well, not a great 2 days. The ending first: We had to put Mimi, the gray Bouvier down this morning at 0800 after 16 great years. She was a great dog and adored Daniele. Whatever room DJ was in, Mimi would be there no matter how much she was hurting.

This all started in Thomasville GA. Sat night, DJ had a tough time getting Mimi out of the coach and ended up creating a lot of extra joint pain. Sun AM I too had trouble getting her out and realized she could not use her left rear leg very much. Plus, I sprained my knee awhile back and aggravated it Sunday so I can’t walk very easily! We really looked like a bunch of geezers. To top it all off Pasha, the Newfie, is acting bizarre when we’re on the road and insists on being right next to one of us no matter how we push her away or beat her with a paper. She usually sleeps the whole time. We wonder if she knew Mimi was failing?

So, Sun we left Thomasville and came to Pensacola, FL and are staying in the Blue Angel RV park run by the Navy Link - Right on a sound with a beautiful view and under huge oak trees. So, I hobble around getting parked and Daniele works through her pain setting up inside. Sunday night Mimi goes downhill fast. She kept DJ up all night and me parts of it. We had no idea where an emergency vet was located but did see a Vet near the RV park when we came in. So, I was waiting at their door when they arrived at 0800 and put Mimi to rest.

We were leaving Tue but between both of our aches, pains, and tiredness, we may delay and leave Wed. RIP Mimi.

3 comments:

Claire said...

Oh! That is a great picture! Where did you scrape that up? Especially since you're in the RV?? They were both so young! I wrote RIP Mimi on my Facebook and everyone remembers her- even Teresa and Rachel from the BG! They all send condolences and shared their happy memories! MUAH! BIS!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry to hear about Mimi. :( She was such a sweet girl.

Croft said...

My condolences also! Animals seem to have a sense of these things that humans lack. When Norma had her skin cancer removed she recovered at our son's house as I was working out of town (as usual). His dog, who hardly knew us and whom Norma never really liked all that much, sat by her side 24 hours a day all through her recovery. She never left her side except for a couple of bathroom breaks a day. She knew there was a problem and was there to help. Norma liked her a little more after that ;)